Monday 16 December 2013














This digi stamp was already coloured..  

I used A5 Craft UK card which I mounted Hunkydory cream and gold embossed card on top, I made a backing paper of the hedgehogs on the sledge and mounted it onto the cream gold card, I them cut the image out using a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die which I mounted on to the gold pearliest card from my stock, I used Pinflair snow dust on the bottom to make it look like real snow, I mounted it onto the rest of the card after  I had put gold ribbon on which I purchased from Meiflower I made a chocolate box bow and added a pearl gem on top to add the finishing touches to the card I then added some gold peel off''s.


 The once common sight of hedgehogs in gardens could become a thing of the past, with the spiny species having suffered a dramatic decline in recent years

A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily  Erinaceinae, which is in order Erinaceomorpha. There are seventeen species of hedgehog in five genera, found through parts of Europe, Asia, Africa and New Zealand (by introduction). There are no hedgehogs native to Australia, and no living species native to the Americas. Hedgehogs share distant ancestry with shrews (family Soricidae), with gymnures possibly being the intermediate link, and have changed little over the last 15 million years. Like many of the first mammals they have adapted to a nocturnal, insectivorous way of life. Hedgehogs' spiny protection resembles that of the unrelated rodent porcupines and monotreme echidnas.
The name hedgehog came into use around the year 1450, derived from the Middle English heyghoge, from heyg, hegge ("hedge"), because it frequents hedgerows, and hoge, hogge ("hog"), from its piglike snout.Other names include urchin, hedgepig and furze-pig.


I hope you enjoyed looking at my Penny Black card....and please feel free to comment on my post.......



Challenges I have entered.
http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/challenge-35-anything-goes.html
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/challenge-72-christmas.html
http://lovely-haenglar-only.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/challenge-84-winter-wonderland.html
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/challenge-185-non-traditional-x-mas.html
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/new-challenge-christmas.html
 http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/challenge-189-anything-goes.html
http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/albc-christmas-cheer.html






10 comments:

  1. I love the image Jacqui and our lovely little hedge hog is so well coloured,,,the gold embossed cream card is fab along with the others used in the matting and layering and that ribbon finishes it off just right .....great job ..Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui....i love your wee hedgehogs on the sledge...they are super eh.....and the gold very unsual and very very nice...well done

    fiona dT
    TTPH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card hun, I love the unusual colours for xmas. Also love the facts again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqui, I love your image.. The Hedgehogs are adorable and your colouring if great.. Lovely card.

    Pam
    TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqui, what an adorable card! I really enjoyed reading about the hedgehogs. Didn't know we dont have anyin the US......very interesting!!! The gold colors really make your focal image pop off the page! Love it!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable project, Jacqui! Nice compositon and beautiful execution! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet sweet card.... love the hedgehogs...

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

    Sandy S
    (Sentimental Sundays Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a WOW card, I love the golden background that makes your image pop! Beautiful design and great colors :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Love die cut the image is matted on! It's one of my favorites! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I enjoy reading the feedback